PRINCE2 ® Agile ™ Course
(course code PR2A3)
The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management whereas agile has a very strong focus on product delivery. When PRINCE2 and agile are combined, project direction, project management and project delivery are all optimized to create the world's most complete project management solution.
PRINCE2 Agile is the most up-to-date and relevant view of agile project management methods, and the only framework covering a wide range of agile concepts, including SCRUM, Kanban and Lean Startup.
This 3-day course provides each participant with an understanding of the PRINCE2 Agile extension.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Agile course participants should:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working;
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and agile ways of working;
- Be able to apply and evaluate the agile focus areas to a project;
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context;
- Be able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context;
- Be fully prepared to sit the PRINCE2 Agile examination.
Who Should Attend
This certification is aimed at supporting Project Managers who are working or want to work in an agile environment.
Participants must have successfully completed a PRINCE2 Foundation course and passed the exam, or must have one of the following certificates:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (PMI);
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM);
- IPMA Levels A, B, C and D (Certified Projects Director)
The PRINCE2 Agile course covers:
- Day 1: Projects and BAU; An overview of agile; Blending PRINCE2 and agile together; Assumptions; The Hexagon (incl. MoSCoW prioritisation); Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project (including the Business Case, value assessment and Cynefin approach); Requirements and User Stories; Organisation;
- Day 2: Servant Leadership; Principles and behaviours; The Agilometer and the Risk Theme; Managing Product Delivery (incl. Scrum, Plans and Progress, estimation, burn charts, Interim Releases and Work Packages); Quality (Incl. Definition of Done); Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage Boundary (Incl. Frequent Releases and Retrospectives); Directing a Project;
- Day 3: Closing a Project; Management Products; Communication (Incl. workshops); Kanban; Lean Start-up; General guidance (Incl. Health Check, Transitioning, Project Manager tips).
The PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Exam is a 2½ hour, scenario based multiple choice objective exam. The candidate is allowed access to the PRINCE2 Agile reference manual only during the exam.
The candidate must provide responses to 50 questions worth 1 mark each. The candidate must score 25 or more marks to pass the exam.
We conduct the exam on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
We recommend participants who complete this course should use PRINCE2 Agile on their projects for 3 to 6 months. We can then assist you to obtain a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Project Management.
PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, MSP®, MoP®, P3O®, M_o_R® and MoV® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.