Change Management Practitioner
(course code CHGP2)
The 2-day Practitioner seminar builds on the essentials of Change Management presented in the Foundation course. Delegates will have the opportunity to apply many proven approaches and techniques to “real world” change processes.
The Practitioner seminar builds on the essentials covered during the Foundation course. Delegates will gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the principles around how to implement and manage change in an organisation.
Delegates will be fully prepared for the Practitioner exams.
Who Should Attend
Our courses are designed for those leading, managing and supporting organisational change initiatives, including:
- Senior Managers: Executives, Directors;
- Programme, Project and Business Managers;
- Change Leaders and Managers;
- Business Change Managers and Change Agents;
- Business Analysts;
- Development and Planning Managers;
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners;
- Consultants and Facilitators;
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers;
- Those seeking certification in organisational change management.
Delegates must have previously attended our Foundation course. Candidates for the Practitioner exam must have previously passed the Foundation exam.
During the Practitioner seminar delegates will learn how to:
- Identify organisational drivers of a change initiative and the links with governance structures;
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan and understand organisational change;
- Use a range of organisation paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking account of the culture of the organisation;
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process;
- Build a change team;
- Help prepare people for change;
- Support the identification of and mapping of stakeholders and help develop approaches to build and maintain engagement;
- Draft the communications plan for a change initiative;
- Recognize signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it;
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organisation.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2½ hour objective testing exam. You will be able to access 'The Effective Change Manager's Handbook' during the exam, but no other materials. There will be 4 questions and 80 question items, each worth 1 mark for a total of 80 marks. You must get at least 40 of the 80 question items correct to pass. The questions will be presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
- Multiple response
Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of the relevant Examination Institute, subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves as a "Registered Change Management Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam may also qualify for a designation from either the Change Management Institute (CMI) or the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP). Note: these designations are obtained through a separate process, not included with this course offering.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
- For AIPM CPD points, check here;
- For PMI PDUs, check here (see page 11).
- For CMI credits, check here
- For ACMP credits, check here.
The APMG-International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.